Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I have started on my custom tail lights. I have the inner left one cut open, wired, and tested. Going to start the right inner tonight, but have to wait for another set of outers (the ones I ordered were both chipped when I got them yesterday(Not Happy!). I am using Ghozt Sequencer V5's, illumasthetics LEDs, and molex clips going into the stock harness clips (I want them to be plug and play). They will also have start up, shut down, show modes, and load resistors to eliminate hyper-flash. When I am done, I'll have my stock set I am running now up for sale too.

I am not aware of anyone else that has done this, but if anyone knows someone who has, or has themselves done anything like this, let me know as I would like to chat with them.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well anyway, here is some progress of the demo. Just need to seal them up and put them in the car.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still waiting on the last molex plugs. I am making it plug n play in case I ever need to swap in the stock ones in the future. I also need to tint wrap them like my current ones. I am planning to have them in the car next weekend.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Possibly, if someone were willing to pay for it. It's a lot of work, and quite a bit in parts. To my knowledge, I am the only one to do it with this platform. there are plenty of headlights out there, but I have yet to see anyone else do tail lights (not counting the exled turn signal "mod").

1 - 7 of 7 Posts