Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Kia , about to return my accord lease . After much research i had to decide between the k5 gt with gt1 package or the sonata n line . You guessed it , looks like k5 gt will have vent seats and n line won’t . Has anyone ordered this vehicle yet ? Any pre negotiated prices yet?

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
Not me, but I wouldn't let vented seats make the decision, they are NBD, not A/C vented, just vented and just Barely at that, can't feel the air....

What did you think of the accord?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,016 Posts
I had vented seats on my 13 koh and my 2015 sxt and now on my K5GT and I love them in the summer. Run the ac first before you run the vented seats. You'll definitely feel the cool air. Very practical on hot summer days wearing a suit.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,396 Posts
I had vented seats on my 13 koh and my 2015 sxt and now on my K5GT and I love them in the summer. Run the ac first before you run the vented seats. You'll definitely feel the cool air. Very practical on hot summer days wearing a suit.
They must have been lot different in your Optima than in mine. The fans just circulate the cabin air, and the force is not the greatest, so if one is to run the A/C first to get the cabin cool, guess you'll need to let it run for 1/2 hour or so to get the temp down in the cabin.
Now, before one thinks the '11 is different, same in all years.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
6 Posts
May be too late responding here but I followed the N-Line and the GT since about August last year. Based on the engine they both share. I got the drive the N-Line for the first time about mid February and it was all the power it had promised, BUT the trim left something to be desired.

Previously I had a 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0 and stepping into the 2021 N-Line was like loosing my leather seats, all the comfort and technology I had in my 2015 was lacking or barley there in a car 6 iterations newer. Everything felt plastic and cheap. Unlike the 2021 Limited which is fantastic on both tech and comfort, but its engine is majorly lacking.

I'm 6'3 300lbs so a large fellow and the N-Line's new seats were extremely uncomfortable after just 15 minutes of the test drive.

This ultimately drove me to the K5, which I test drove an EX and it was great, minus the engine of course. So today when I picked up my K5 GT with GT1 package, I have to say the car met all my expectations, the engine is a monster, the seats are heated, ventilated, and feel so much more rich than the fabric feel of the N-Line, and the tech included in the car feels age appropriate.

Summery and Answering your questions:
I have the car as of today, the heated seats take about a minute to warm up noticeably, I did not try the ventilated seats its like 37*F out. The car is selling at or above MSRP due to scarcity. I had a 1k deposit on mine for 2 months before it even arrived at the dealership, just to ensure I could test drive it and have first right of refusal. Prices will vary based on your location. If your in the tri-state area expect financing to be around ~39-41k all in (that with their incentives for 0APR for 5 years, and 1.9APR for 6) I ended up leasing for 2 years, 4k down, around ~450/mo 10k/yr. I took a really close look at the numbers and the dealerships are not making a ton of money on them, their main focus is on the Tellurides apparently they have like 6 month waits on those orders.

Cheers

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
... their main focus is on the Tellurides apparently...
I saw a Gt1 parked other day, super nice looking. Congrats.

Yeah you're right about the bundle of money their making on tellis, saw at my local austin dealer, each vehicle had a "Market Adjustment" of $5000.00!!

That is on top of MSRP, wow!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,396 Posts
Any body that purchases a vehicle above list is nuts!
Actually even purchasing at list they are nuts!
For what reason, to have a newly introduced vehicle, it's a freakin' Kia, or Hyundai, and just think, in 10 years you could get $10k for the vehicle
providing no major engineering problems. Don't know why I'd think there might be a problem.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
6 Posts
For what reason, to have a newly introduced vehicle, it's a freakin' Kia, or Hyundai, and just think, in 10 years you could get $10k for the vehicle
providing no major engineering problems. Don't know why I'd think there might be a problem.
Generally I'd say this is sound logic, but for me I was without a car since August, so I've been waiting patiently for this for 7 months.

Also I forgot to mention that 39-41k all in price includes MSRP, Shipping and Delivery, Dealer fees, Warranty, DMV fees, Registration, the whole deal, signing on the line and there was no other hidden costs which is exactly what I asked for so I could walk into the store and know exactly what I would be spending that day.

At the time of purchase there were 10 inside a 500 mile radius of CT. So the car was scarce, also checking on related forums and websites it was on average (in 5+ sales before me with the GT1 package) selling a few dollars over MSRP, so this was standard all over for the people who were waiting for it to come out. the dealership made less than a grand in the deal, and in return, I was in constant communication with the salesman from December-April, we took care of all the pre-curser paperwork, quotes and everything long before the car was even in the showroom. So that on the day it arrived, I could test drive it and sign the papers and walk out. And that's exactly what I did.

So considering that the cost was fair. But be your own judge on that, for everyone fair means something else, didn't mean to preach!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Believe it or not, apparently some folks want the Telluride so badly that they are willing to pay MSRP or even a bit over; that more than a few dealerships are continuing to markup Tellurides even now only goes to show that demand for them is still high, relative to supply. That it's a 2x Car and Driver Top 10 winner even though it's only been around 2 model years just adds to the demand and subsequent price markups on them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts