Kia Optima Forums banner

161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
12 Posts
The mention of the "temperature swing" is definitely interesting. I had the repair done by the dealership just as we were heading into cold weather here in NY. I thought the problem went away because I hadn't heard it. But this past weekend, we had very unseasonably warm weather in the mid 60s and the creak returned just as bad as it was prior to getting the repair. This is extremely disappointing. I'm with Bigg Tree above. The noise makes the car impossible to drive without annoyance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm taking mine in this morning to see if they'll do anything about it. At 93k miles...I doubt it but being that they started working on the issues under warranty...we'll see. I was told that relative humidity and temperature can have an effect on the noise coming from the roof

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I’m having the same issues as you all on my 13 ex for the past year or so, although I’ve had noises while opening and closing the shade occasionally for many years now. I found this tsb for a ‘16 optima and was wondering if anyone feels it may resolve our creaks.

tsb SA270

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Optima SXL (Normandy SR2)
20 Posts
I was checking this thread because I did hear a similar sort of squeak/chirp when going over certain bumps. It originated from the windshield area though, and then a little on the "oh ****" handle on the passenger side (according to my fiance). Spent about 10 minutes to wire up a phone dock and decided to take the molding off the infotainment console and loosen/retighten all the nuts/bolts/screws. Popped it back together and did the same thing to the oh **** handle and it seems to have done the trick for me. Basically loosen your screws a little, all of them, and retighten to let things that settled settle into their new normal position. Just need to pull the doors off since I did remove the weak led mood lighting and replaced it with my own. It kinda rattles as it is when playing bass heavy music. But that's because I didn't have hot glue/silicone to get a silent mount.

Hope that helps.

161 - 165 of 165 Posts