Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima ex
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first time posting. I have a 2014 Kia optima ex. It just hit 75k and haven't really done any major maintenance besides all the recall. So I recently purchased something call the CRC GDI service kit. It contains 5 bottles inside. A Tank power renew, GDI ITV, Mass airflow sensor, Throttle body cleaner, and a friction guard for oil. Also a set of new spark plugs. I'm wonder is there a certain step I have to do in an order. And if anyone know how to use any of the product?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
Where did you get this kit - any more information about it? From your description, it sounds like a collection of cleaning products.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
Hmm hard to evaluate, I'm not familiar.

For the cylinders, Kia recommends use of the Techron fuel system cleaner, especially if you don't always get gas at stations that provide "top-tier" rated gasoline.

But from what I understand, the nature of the engine means you'll just have to take it apart and clean it, or use a catch can. There are a couple threads discussing some approaches, including walnut blasting or scraping with hand tools. I haven't cleaned my engine yet, and probably won't, because I'm wondering if the potential increase in performance is worth it, since my car still feels very close to stock performance. But I haven't used a scope to look at how dirty my engine is yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts