Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a clicking sound under my left tire when ever I did a sharp left turn. Took it to the Kia dealer and they worked on a lot of things but trouble figuring out what was causing it. They kept my car for a little over 2 weeks and finally let the body department look at it and found out it was a cracked wheel. Well they said everything else they worked on was under warranty so only had to pay 100$ for that but the cracked wheel wasn't covered.

This didn't seem right to me but I bought a used Kia optima wheel from a salvage yard and decided to call Kia Customer service. The person I talked to said she would call the Kia dealership to see why they didn't cover this under the warranty. Well she called me back and said they told her they believe it was outside influence...something hit the wheel that made it crack and that's why they didn't cover it. Apparently it's cracked on the inside of the wheel and I haven't ran over anything that could have hit my rim, nobody else drives my car but me. My cousin who is a mechanic said I should tell them i'm going to file a complaint with the NHTSA. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
You're not going to win. Think about how many miles you have on your car and it just cracks, no, all it takes is a pothole. You can even check the wheel in the area of the crack to see if the outer part of the wheel shows a mark or indentation.

Believe me, a losing battle simply because you can't prove you didn't hit anything and all they need to do is to say no other cracked wheels, so it must have happened when driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Turbonut
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing