Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start off by saying....thank God it's over!!!! PITA to remove the bolts. After 5 hours and torching and welding, we finally got it done. I ended up cutting 1 bolt off cause it was not going anywhere. So instead of 6 bolts, its fastened by 5. I put an extra gasket to prevent leaks. So far a few wot and everything seems fine.

This is the bolt that's missing.

I really dont see an issue with that. Time will tell.

No heat shield....cant make it fit. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Oh and the burnt hand.

As for advice for anyone one of you that wants to install this, get lots of wd40, heat the bolts and take your time.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,437 Posts
Told you it wasn't easy! LOL. Very cool now that's its on and that hand picture makes mine hurt!
That heat shield protects the car parts above, like the AC lines along the back of the car. I think you'll be fine, but just monitor things that are near it.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Told you it wasn't easy! LOL. Very cool now that's its on and that hand picture makes mine hurt!
That heat shield protects the car parts above, like the AC lines along the back of the car. I think you'll be fine, but just monitor things that are near it.
Unfortunately I had to cut 1 bolt. So now I'm using 5 out of the 6 bolts. I checked temps yesterday and after driving around and boosting the car lightly from time to time, temps on the dp got to 650F. I might consider wrapping the housing part of the dp or just install the shield using 1 screw only. I'm guessing everyone that has this dp, doesn't have the shield installed ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts