Kia Optima Forums banner

Concept 3, poor communication and worse customer service

11K views 59 replies 24 participants last post by  upabove8 
#1 ·
These guys are a joke! I don't easily write poor reviews, I just don't shop there again, but William and crew are so clueless that dissuading others from buying from him might do him good. I purchased the led scuff plates and Korean center console from their web site early to mid June. I got my order confirmation and debt from my bank account. No further information. A couple emails on July 17th and William finally responded July 22nd, "thank you for the email sir, at the moment there seems to been a glitch with your order, and it wasn't process in the back end of the system, there was 4 other orders that the website had a issue with. We will get this corrected asap, and get the order out to you sir. Sorry for the delay, we will get it figured out, and products on your way asap. "

That sounds good to me I thought. On July 22nd I asked if there were coming from the US or from over seas. July 24th Williams responded "They are coming from over seas sir. As soon and I get tracking information, I'll update the website, and you'll be inform with a tracking number sir. " alright I thought, he stated asap and products right out. Obviously email isn't Williams go-to communication method, but I figured he appears on top of this problem.

I send him a couple more emails about tracking and a status update. Williams finally replies August 7th, "let me email Korea today and see the status cause i haven't gotten an update as well. " I thought seriously, wtf, this is ridiculous. I have send two additional emails asking about the email he supposedly sent his supplier. Its the evening of August 10th and still no reply. I have the better business bureau and a local state agency on my list to call this week if William cannot get his act together. I have also asked for a refund of all my shipping fees as I think that is more than reasonable in this situation and with this poor communication and customer service.

DO NOT BUY FROM CONCEPT 3. I certainly will not again.

See less See more
#2 ·
And this is the kind of crap that will be swept under the rug by Auto Guide.. As just below is another thread about the same vendor... Sad, so Sad....

#3 ·
I bought my lowering springs from Concept-3 and i agree with their lack of communication to customers, but what made me use more patience was David (K5OS) he told me to hang in their i will receive my stuff, even they don't answer emails like that. David was the one who updated me with my order too! then i receive my lowering springs a little late but i got them so thats okay for me i guess :rolleyes: hope they fix your problem..

#7 ·
If I understand your comment correctly, I believe you wouldn't understand what professionalism is if it slapped you in the face. He said David assured him he would receive his order from a competitor, and assisted him when he, in no way was obligated to. It would be a totally different story if he in some way slammed C3 for the poor communication and delivery, but it obviously wasn't. Sure, he may have been trying to gain a future sale, but that is how a excellent salesman would handle it. That is a great service, and professionalism IMO.

#5 ·
**** you think David helped out there? When i ordered my kspec console, the supplier coudnt fufill the request due to focus on the newer models. So he is sending me the one directly out of his car with the Led cupholders at no extra charge and i dont have to wait For importation of a backordered unit. NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

It is a shame K5OS is banned.. The forum as a whole has taken a tremendous hit as a result.

#8 ·
I just wish Will (Concept 3) had half the professionalism David (K5OS) has. I see Will posting on this forum over the past 24 hours however, he has yet to return any of my emails about two products I purchased from him. I just sent him a PM too, lets see how soon he responds and what his "excuse" is this time.

#12 ·
Same,
I bought my ARK springs and his CAI but that was over two years ago.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Yep, our society is going towards e-communication only strangely. I've always believed a phone call works better than anything else to be able to gauge the professionalism and quality of a company. Especially when it comes to problems or large orders. I always call rather than email.

David has a history of stepping up and helping customers of the other vendors. It's a smart business decision and an investment in future customers. Not sure how much other companies approve of the tactic, but that's just more incentive for them to have better customer service to begin with.
sometimes people just dont have time for email. i have vendors that are the same way you just have to call.

#11 ·
Yep, our society is going towards e-communication only strangely. I've always believed a phone call works better than anything else to be able to gauge the professionalism and quality of a company. Especially when it comes to problems or large orders. I always call rather than email.

David has a history of stepping up and helping customers of the other vendors. It's a smart business decision and an investment in future customers. Not sure how much other companies approve of the tactic, but that's just more incentive for them to have better customer service to begin with.

#15 ·
I hate the use of the word "sir" as how it was used in OP quote and in your reply sixteen. Others do it too. Its impersonal and sounds condescending. Why not just use the person's name or username? Off topic but I wanted to complain too. Lol

#19 ·
see now you are just making assumptions SIR. i am not an atheist. but i dont frequent church either. im just here.

I was brought up in a family where calling someone sir and maam was considered respectful. This too applies in my profession.

What has happened to this world, when someone tries to be respectful all others can do is bash and flame.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
to true.

#22 ·
Yes sir or mam seems appropriate but ending a sentence with it seems that carries a different connotation. I can't be the only one who thinks this way.
Nothing wrong with showing respect.
How does this sound, "check your email, sir" or "go **** yourself, sir". Totally impersonal.
You're not getting flamed, sir.
You're not getting flamed, Sixxteen. Literally I am not try to attack anyone just hijacking a thread to make a point. Is this called trolling? First timer!
Agnosticism is okay by me.

#31 · (Edited)
Interwebs won for the week! LOL

ok, thanks to several people's idea to directly call their shop, I did and got a hold of Will. My order is two months late and for some reason is being shipped to them instead of to me. Will stated according to tracking, they should have it this week and will turn around a ship it to me, expecting me to receive it sometime next week. I asked him to expedite the order as this entire process has been ridiculous. Hope I receive my entire order without damage nor anything missing next week. Phew this has been a long process and Will has only apologized, not offered to refund shipping (which he should do and I have asked for) or any other "normal" customer service action. I'll post more when I have more.

Thank you all kind Sir's for your idea to phone him and a hearty discussion on the use of the word Sir. LOL

#32 ·
Hay guys, I just want you all to know that I just got off the phone with JasonS. Everything is being resolved. What happened was the order that I created tried to ship it directly from Korea to his house, but it was denied and returned. After calling the supplier they are shipping the order to me so then I can ship it to JasonS.

I am sorry for the time that it has taken for this, but I do work very hard to get everything resolved even with time difference with Korea. If I don't get back to you via email or DMs, please feel free to call the shop.

#39 ·
Same here, I've had no problems with them. Will's been great at replacing and inspecting my car when a part I bought from them were faulty or working incorrectly.

#38 ·
ive ordered DLR and LED reflectors from them about 2 months ago.. They were out of stock and were suppose to let me know when they get their shipment in about 2 weeks. Its been around 2 months and nothing. I even left them my number and when i recently called, they told me wait another 2 weeks... hmmmmm

#40 ·
This is crazy! Will has been nothing but great to me and all my K5 needs. He goes out of his way to help accommodate me when I need a part. He is a 1 man show you guys. He does installs, orders, maintenance and big builds! Also he fulfills his obligations to his sponsors and goes to shows all over SoCal. He has been helping this community the longest, cut the guy some slack!

Support rant over

#42 ·
It looks like the folks who see him in person or run by his shop get suberb service. Its the folks online that seem to have issues, like myself. On a side note, my led scuff plates are on their way finally (2+ months late) and will arrive late this week. My Korean center console is MIA right now. Ug!

#43 ·
I never had any problems with will, but in my post was saying that David was a good guy, and wasnt surprised at all he was helping resolve the issue although he didnt have to. At the time I posted it was the climax of the banning

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.