Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
I used kicker 6.5s and love them but you will need a sub.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Awesome write up. Do you happen to have any pics of how you installed the ASWC? I'm installing my new headunit next weekend and this is the only thing I'm not sure about.

·
Premium Member
2014 Hyundai Sonata
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Awesome write up. Do you happen to have any pics of how you installed the ASWC? I'm installing my new headunit next weekend and this is the only thing I'm not sure about.
come with instruction, and you can also goto website to get better directions, but no I dont sorry

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yeah just ground to the frame. Save yourself wire and time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was wondering if there was a specific nice place to hook up to. My best option seemed to be a screw in the trunk under the spare cover. I didn't like the coating on the pan so I ground some of that off for a good connection. Seems to work fine, but would like a better place (specific) place if there is one.

·
Premium Member
2014 Hyundai Sonata
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I was wondering if there was a specific nice place to hook up to. My best option seemed to be a screw in the trunk under the spare cover. I didn't like the coating on the pan so I ground some of that off for a good connection. Seems to work fine, but would like a better place (specific) place if there is one.
nope personal preference, just make sure its a good ground

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
75 Posts
thank you so much for taking your time and sharing your installation photos.

I'm installing my first Car audio ( DIY )

and this guide is extreamly helpful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very great and informative DIY !!!
the only thing i can advise you is the gps antenna looks abit sloppy with the wire coming out in front of the drivers side dash speaker.

you can just mount the antenna on top of the actual headunit under the dash, the signal will penetrate through the dashboard no problem.
completely hidden.

·
'MURICA
2013 Kia Optima
103 Posts
Old thread I know but nicely done :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV
149 Posts
My device gets the power from the screw in the fuse box. Didn't dare to connect directly to the battery as it is fully rigged with tons of fuses.
This however causes the headunit to start basically two times during the ignition process. It would already boot up when the key is in ACC position, but then restart once again when I ignite the engine. How could this be solved?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts