Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone so I'm having an issue in the cold here in Florida which when I say cold I'm talking about 65 degrees Or lower.

heres the issue when I start the car every time it's 65 or lower I get no power I mean I could floor it and I slowly gain speed, and if it's 2 days in a row I get a cel come on and stay on. Now when the light is off and the weather warms up it will fix itself throughout the day but when the light is on it stays the same until I clear the code.

Here is the info on the code I'm getting
p2562
turbocharger boost control position sensor circuit

any help or input would be appreciated

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Limp mode, there are tons of threads about the wastegate issue and yes you should get the dealer to adjusted and check it out. I replaced my solenoid last year and so far so good. Its been really cold lately and my car hasn't limp yet lol, GL op.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I'm gonna hit the dealership on Monday hopefully they don't give me any issues they are not the brightest bunch where I'm at.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,469 Posts
dealertime!!! Sorry to hear you are having this issue, but they'll fix it under warranty

·
04/2014 ROTM
2011 SX
3,607 Posts
Thanks guys I'm gonna hit the dealership on Monday hopefully they don't give me any issues they are not the brightest bunch where I'm at.

Where in Fla/what dealer are you using? There are quite a few of us on here in Fla with experience from different dealers. That said, what you are seeing is a common issue that a few minutes at the dealer can usually fix.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Are you starting the car and just leaving or are you waiting for it to rev down??? If you are starting and leaving it will keep giving you the cel. I did it once and it scanned for the code and I knew what I did. I have not started and left since..so no issues. Just wait for it to rev down to 1000-1050 rpm and you should be good. Good luck.

·
Registered
2012 kia optima
55 Posts
Ive never had that problem and I live in chicago where its 5 degrees right now lol. I would jsut recommend warming your car up and like everyone else said get it checked out at the dealer

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the info I'm here in Delray palme beach county, I usually let it sit for a couple minutes first but there are some times I start and go I'll keep an eye on that.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima SX T-GDI Korean Model
1,458 Posts
1. Get your wastegate adjusted, you can do DIY if you have a voltmeter or dealership will be your best friend. 100% cover under warranty.

2. Cold start up - make sure to let the car sit for 30 seconds (no need for longer idle time), our car will warm itself as you drive

3. Make sure to drive as gentle as possible until you hit operating temperature, then you can start flooring it :cool:

Hope this helps op, if you follow this rule, you won't have problem with your car or any car for that matter (make/model).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2013 SXL with same code. Hoping it's not going to cost an arm and a leg.
1. Get your wastegate adjusted, you can do DIY if you have a voltmeter or dealership will be your best friend. 100% cover under warranty.

2. Cold start up - make sure to let the car sit for 30 seconds (no need for longer idle time), our car will warm itself as you drive

3. Make sure to drive as gentle as possible until you hit operating temperature, then you can start flooring it :cool:

Hope this helps op, if you follow this rule, you won't have problem with your car or any car for that matter (make/model).

Hello everyone so I'm having an issue in the cold here in Florida which when I say cold I'm talking about 65 degrees Or lower.

heres the issue when I start the car every time it's 65 or lower I get no power I mean I could floor it and I slowly gain speed, and if it's 2 days in a row I get a cel come on and stay on. Now when the light is off and the weather warms up it will fix itself throughout the day but when the light is on it stays the same until I clear the code.

Here is the info on the code I'm getting
p2562
turbocharger boost control position sensor circuit

any help or input would be appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a twin turbo car that I bought this summer, and I noticed it felt a bit more anemic than when I test drove it last winter. Does wintertime and the associated cold, dense air actually increase the performance of forced induction cars? Also, what about rain? if it lands in the intercooler will this mean that the air reaching the turbos will be cooled down? SEE snaptube telegram web vidmate for more

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2013 SXL with same code. Hoping it's not going to cost an arm and a leg.
In my experience, the dealer is no longer doing this waste gate fix for free. I went there just after 5 years (and that's the cutoff time) they said it's no longer covered after 5 years and wanted about $180 to adjust it with no guarantees... I ended up doing it myself but till this day, still having troubling with that F-ing clip! Lost the original clip which fit on tight. Ordered 3 clips from Kia which were similar but not exactly the same as op. Seemed to fit on loosely which explains why 2 have already feel off. Car felt different yesterday, reached between the heat shields and yes, the actuator rod was disconnected again. Down to my last clip now...:oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts