Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 kia optima lx
I Love It!
However last week it started first with a knocking sound, and then lost most of the acceleration. When I push on the gas I can put it to the floor and it bogs out. Checked spark plugs, new air filter, oil change and its the same.
Now, when I checked the oil it was almost out, but just 3 days before it was full. Going to test the knock sensor. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
P1326 is a serious CEL - call dealer, don't drive it there, have them tow it. Oh and whatever else you do, don't clear the code. Lots more info on this site, here is some:

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
I have a 2015 kia optima lx
I Love It!
However last week it started first with a knocking sound, and then lost most of the acceleration. When I push on the gas I can put it to the floor and it bogs out. Checked spark plugs, new air filter, oil change and its the same.
Now, when I checked the oil it was almost out, but just 3 days before it was full. Going to test the knock sensor. Any other suggestions?
P1326 is that the KSDS registered a knock that is common with the bearing wear issue, so make sure oil is up to full, and drive it,
or try and drive it to the stealership, but it will cap out at 2000 rpm max, and you'll get a new engine and a free loaner car.
If it seizes while on the way to the steralership, just get it towed the rest of the way, it will be a no brainer and the car with a new
engine will be ready in a couple of weeks.

The replacement engine will also come with a lifetime warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts