Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I brought my car to the dealer to have this sound checked out and since it didn't do while they checked it, they cant find anything wrong. They checked everything that has to do with suspension and steering. Everything is good.
It sounds like metal to metal. Something is loose. I've changed pads and rotors so I'm canceling that out.
It happens while i start breaking and does it only once....upon initial pressing of the break pedal. Itll do it also from time to time when I accelerate.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,575 Posts
Difficult to determine, especially after someone examined the car and found nothing wrong.
Having said that, although you installed pads/rotors I'd start there making certain pad retainers are doing their job, same as the slider pins along with the caliper piston not sticking and make certain all bolts are tight. Although I wouldn't suspect the other parts of the front end to be considered, but duplicate the dealership's inspection, lca, ball joints, steering assembly, sub-frame mounts, struts, etc

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I brought my car to the dealer to have this sound checked out and since it didn't do while they checked it, they cant find anything wrong. They checked everything that has to do with suspension and steering. Everything is good.
It sounds like metal to metal. Something is loose. I've changed pads and rotors so I'm canceling that out.
It happens while i start breaking and does it only once....upon initial pressing of the break pedal. Itll do it also from time to time when I accelerate.
Any ideas?
Did you ever figure out the issue? My optima just started doing this.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Make sure your brake calipers are tight! if they are even just a little loose they will clunk, but you will not be able to move them with your hand. Put a wrench on it and tighten you will know after doing that if they were loose at all. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts