Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
02/2014 ROTM
2013 Optima SX
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
So is that a two spade connector with just one blade inserted into harness?
Yes, per the DIY in the first post. =) I snipped off the other spade. Not sure if JTrade did or not -- can't tell in the picture. He may have just let it slide on the outside of the inner plug. Using the spade connector lets you keep the stock wiring completely stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, per the DIY in the first post. =) I snipped off the other spade. Not sure if JTrade did or not -- can't tell in the picture. He may have just let it slide on the outside of the inner plug. Using the spade connector lets you keep the stock wiring completely stock.
Hmmm, missed it in the original post. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yep I snipped off one side of the spade connectors per your DIY but maybe not as much as u did so the spade I clipped off does wedge a bit between the connector and the plastic housing... I used 1 size up from the smallest red ones I had, not sure of the exact size but look like the ones in your photo or darn close... Like you mentioned nice snug fit, they are not going anywhere.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I did have to pay $.60 in sales tax. ;)
LOL, honestly best $11.38 I have spent vehicle MOD wise plus maybe an extra $.75 for heat shrink and 2 spade connectors!

·
Registered
151 Posts

HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!

Just did this on my EX & it did matter which prong went into which slot, will take a pic... When it was reversed it did not work at all tried multiple times, nothing... Reversed prongs and bingo!

Also note there is a switch that must be pressed if u try to test this with the hood open right by the coolant tank, on the passenger side, or just shut the hood...

Here is how I had to wire our EX, the clip to remove the connector is on the north side in this pic...

Thanks for that picture. I was wandering how it was inserted since I'm at work.

Definitely going to do this, thanks OP.

·
Registered
Optima LX
24 Posts
I cannot see OP's pictures? I hate the stock locking alarm on my 16' Optima, so I'm going to swap mine out today.

·
Registered
Optima LX
24 Posts
Figured it out. Thanks so much O.P. I just electrical taped the **** out of the wires because I didn't have heat shrink. Hopefully that will be ok....

This chirp on the 514LN sounds so much better than the old wimpy beep that sounded like it should be locking a mini smart car or golf cart sized automobile.

I cut the black wire to make the chirp a tiny bit louder. Will make it a little easier for my wife & I to find our car in a busy parking lot when we forget where we parked it. :D Paid $9.68 total (shipped!!!). Best mod ever for the price!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts