Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im hoping I am posting in correct spot.

My 2015 optima has 87k miles on it. We purchased used last December.

I have noticed recently(as I barely drive the car, my wife does) that when I use the Auto Lock brake feature, it will work once, maybe twice then check brakes signal comes on, brake light comes on, and the little yellow car with couple waxy lines on it come on as well. The Auto lock refuses to work after that.

What kind of fix is needed to get it working again. Is it low brake fluid? Is it something with the computer, is it brakes need to be replace(i have not changed yet since I bought car).

Just looking for some suggestions. I have warrenty on car, but its 155 just to diagnois it, and if its just brakes thats what it costs me to replace brakes plus the 155 is insane. I dont start working again till next week. Dont have money for that.

Thanks All!!

·
Banned
14 Posts
Not sure if this is the right group to post in but the check brake alarm started going off in my car and I decided to drive a little extra just to get to work but eventually it give me a warning, "Hybrid System Warning, slowly stop and stop driving" or along those lines. I turned the car off and sat there for about 5 min to see if the alarm would come on again. After I started the car, the alarm was there but it stopped after a 192.168.100.1 jpg to pdf couple minutes. I'm a novice when it comes to cars, but I had the brakes replaced a little over a year ago. Any ideas on what this could be?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts