Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima Hybrid
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2014 Optima Hybrid for about 8 months now. Since I got the car the check brakes light will go on intermittently. It seems to be when its warm that it goes on more often. And every time the brake light comes on the traction light comes on also. I have noticed that the brakes seem to grab a little harder than usual before it happens but that seems to be the only difference in the driving. Before my warranty ran out, I had it at the Kia dealership often for this issue. They had it for almost a week one time and still couldn't resolve the issue. They said they "couldn't replicate the problem." I've had sensors replaced, the brake pedal itself has been looked at, front and back brakes replaced, and it still comes on. Has anyone else had any issues with this? And if so, how did you get it fixed? I can't afford to put a lot of money into the car but I also can't afford to be without it. Thanks! 20181219_161431.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
593 Posts
Did any one check the brake light switch? Happened in my 06 Sonata and replaced the switch.

Replace Brake Light Switch Video - IF related to your issue.

Rubber Ver's disintegrate over time & cause various issues/ Later New Design on my '16 fixed this.
This location is above your foot on brake pedal arm........
+++ Contort yourself as I did and SEE IF you can notice a GOOD or BAD part.

MY BRAKE PEDAL GROMMET NEW TYPE.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same problem. My car sit for months thinking I may need a new hybrid battery then I had it towed he put a brand new 12v battery in it worked great, like brand new. The next morning the low tire pressure light came on, went and put air in and boom “check brake” light back on. I think it could be the hydraulic brake booster. It was leaking fluid one time, now you can hear a hissing. But I just don’t understand why it don’t accelerate when I try to drive. It will for a little then stop, repeat. Someone helpppp!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2014 Optima Hybrid for about 8 months now. Since I got the car the check brakes light will go on intermittently. It seems to be when its warm that it goes on more often. And every time the brake light comes on the traction light comes on also. I have noticed that the brakes seem to grab a little harder than usual before it happens but that seems to be the only difference in the driving. Before my warranty ran out, I had it at the Kia dealership often for this issue. They had it for almost a week one time and still couldn't resolve the issue. They said they "couldn't replicate the problem." I've had sensors replaced, the brake pedal itself has been looked at, front and back brakes replaced, and it still comes on. Has anyone else had any issues with this? And if so, how did you get it fixed? I can't afford to put a lot of money into the car but I also can't afford to be without it. Thanks! View attachment 247888
Just got back from the dealer with my 2015 hybrid optima and found that this error code was coming on due as it needed a software update in which the charged me for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts