Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I’m at a bit of a loss here. I have a 2009 basic optima. All I want to do is change out a burnt out basic front turn signal bulb and replace it with another basic turn signal bulb. I’ve tried googling and YouTubing videos and such, but from what I gather 2009 was different from other years because none of the videos ever look like mine under the hood. I can see where the bulb is located under the hood but it looks like I may have to dismantle things to get at it because it’s way behind something that’s bolted down. I’m not handy at all and my husband is a computer nerd - he’s no better at cars than I am. Is this an easier DIY than it appears? Anyone have any guidance for me?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Firstly, don't be afraid to start taking things apart. As long as you document your progress, and do the steps in reverse order, it's dead simple.

Start by disconnecting the wiring harness for the headlamp assembly in question, and then remove the entire headlamp assembly.

That will make replacing the light much easier, as it is an extreme pain in the rear to try replacing light bulbs in-situ.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.