Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my K5 yesterday and on the way home I kept hearing a plastic on plastic squeak/rubbing noise. Isolate to the raised RH side of the center console. Headed back to dealer today to see if there’s anything they can do. A noise like that will get inside my head! Ha! Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update. Went to dealer and there’s a SB about this where they have to remove the interior pieces and wrap insulating tape around the AC. Control unit.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
344 Posts
You'd think this basic type thing would be caught by a quality control team, ugggg.

Other than that, it's all good?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meh. A bit of rough braking when having to slow from higher speeds quick. Anything above 50 where the situation requires a firm slow down. Steering wheel shutters a bit during that process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up my K5 yesterday and on the way home I kept hearing a plastic on plastic squeak/rubbing noise. Isolate to the raised RH side of the center console. Headed back to dealer today to see if there’s anything they can do. A noise like that will get inside my head! Ha! Anyone else have this issue?
Same issues here, thanks for asking. Appears there is an answer provided, I'll be looking into that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts