Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
483 Posts
With all that water condensing by December I'll be emptying it every month. Is there any advantage in using the breather filter? I realize that it would allow some crankcase fumes into the air and maybe set off the CEL but would it effectively eliminate any droplets from entering the intake system?
I wouldn't use the breather filter. You would probably screw with the vacuum and that may cause a CEL and maybe even drivability issues.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
483 Posts
Thanks Chauncey. I will try a piece of course steel wool, maybe an inch thick in the bottom of the can for extra baffling, along with an aerosol intake cleaner prior to changing the oil every 4-5K. I'll know how much crud is on the intake valves when I run a borescope up the intake after 50K.
If you don't have the HKS spark plugs yet, I would definitely recommend. I had them in before I even tuned and you can really tell a difference. I even bought the Beck Arnley ignition coil boot kit for all 4. (they're sold individually). comes with boot and spring. the spring doesn't really stay in place so just use a little dielectric grease to hold it in there as u plop it back on over the plug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts