Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll notice way more going into it when it starts to get cold.
With all that water condensing by December I'll be emptying it every month. Is there any advantage in using the breather filter? I realize that it would allow some crankcase fumes into the air and maybe set off the CEL but would it effectively eliminate any droplets from entering the intake system?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't use the breather filter. You would probably screw with the vacuum and that may cause a CEL and maybe even drivability issues.
Thanks Chauncey. I will try a piece of course steel wool, maybe an inch thick in the bottom of the can for extra baffling, along with an aerosol intake cleaner prior to changing the oil every 4-5K. I'll know how much crud is on the intake valves when I run a borescope up the intake after 50K.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't have the HKS spark plugs yet, I would definitely recommend. I had them in before I even tuned and you can really tell a difference. I even bought the Beck Arnley ignition coil boot kit for all 4. (they're sold individually). comes with boot and spring. the spring doesn't really stay in place so just use a little dielectric grease to hold it in there as u plop it back on over the plug.
Sounds good. Do the HKS last longer than 45K?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts