Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,858 Posts
I'd say every oil change, but you can always check between changes just to see the amount being retained.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
661 Posts
I can't speak as to how much oil gets collected when using a ADD V3 OCC on a 2.4L but I suspect that based on various anecdotal evidence I've read here and elsewhere it's YMMV. Personally I was using a V3 with my 2.0L Turbo; I check/drain the OCC at a minimum with every oil change (5K miles) and based on the amount of oil that my OCC collected at the time of inspection I'd guess I could have gone at least four oil changes before possibly needing to empty the OCC. In the interest of full disclosure I don't drive my car very hard so that might explain the relatively small amount of oil in my OCC compared to the prodigious amount of oil collected in other folks' OCCs.

I've since recently switched to the ADD V3.3 so time will tell if my OCC will contain more oil...

·
Super Moderator
2013 Kia Optima
496 Posts
Interesting as I was just about to make a post asking how often others have to do it.

I'm sure my driving style and mods greatly contributes to it, but I'm having to empty mine twice a month. I boost almost every time I drive. I do a lot of blow offs too.

Did not realize it was filling up so quick all the time. Was not like this until after my mods and tune. Thankfully, I can tell when it's full as I can smell gas. The can is typically filled with mostly fuel.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts