Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's. I've been looking for catch can for my 2.4l optima 2019 lx. Do you have any recommendations what to buy? what to avoid? Which brand, which model? Price is crucial for me. Any experience with particular models?
If you have any thoughts, please share with me and others. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,772 Posts
Get something that is 2 port and doesn't have an external filter, but an internal baffle, and I'd stay away from the units with external tubes (sight glass), and need the ability to drain easily.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get something that is 2 port and doesn't have an external filter, but an internal baffle, and I'd stay away from the units with external tubes (sight glass), and need the ability to drain easily.
thank you. now i can start looking closer into models.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
503 Posts
T, I'd been considering the 2-Inlet 1-Output V3.3.
What's your rationale on 2-Port Vs 3?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,772 Posts
T, I'd been considering the 2-Inlet 1-Output V3.3.
What's your rationale on 2-Port Vs 3?
That's the way to go V3.3, but the OP asked for something where the price was crucial so I assumed that he/she was looking for something inexpensive and w/o a turbo the inexpensive 2 port is certainly better than not having one. There has been the theory that the intake side is clean oil and doesn't present the build up that the contaminated oil from the PCV side does, but if installing one, must as well cover all bases.

I didn't have one on the '11 2.0T and with 173,000 miles no problems, but when the new engine is installed one will be put on, and yes a dual inlet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I was looking into quite expensive models with 2 inlets but I really don't want to spend too much money on it. In provided Amazon link OCC is similar to ADD W1 v1 and has good reviews but there is no drain port. That's why I'm looking for other people opinions. My top limit is 100$ but less is better.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,772 Posts
OK, I misunderstood the reply. You are correct no bottom plug, but one could always be installed for @ $9.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,945 Posts
We have vehicle specific oil catch cans available on our site, so you aren't just getting something universal.

We have two to choose from that I would recommend to you:

1) ADD W1 V3 Baffled Oil Catch - K5 Optima Store (1 inlet and 1 outlet - Great option)

2) (NEW) ADD W1 V3.3 - Baffled Dual Inlet Oil Catch Can Kit - K5 Optima Store (2 inlets and 1 outlet - Best option)

Both will work great, but the dual inlet catch can will collect oil from both sides of the engine, vs just one side.

Both will come with internal baffles to collect the oil. The V3.3 comes with vehicle specific sized hoses, brackets, etc.

Let us know if you have any questions.

-David

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have vehicle specific oil catch cans available on our site, so you aren't just getting something universal.

We have two to choose from that I would recommend to you:

1) ADD W1 V3 Baffled Oil Catch - K5 Optima Store (1 inlet and 1 outlet - Great option)

2) (NEW) ADD W1 V3.3 - Baffled Dual Inlet Oil Catch Can Kit - K5 Optima Store (2 inlets and 1 outlet - Best option)

Both will work great, but the dual inlet catch can will collect oil from both sides of the engine, vs just one side.

Both will come with internal baffles to collect the oil. The V3.3 comes with vehicle specific sized hoses, brackets, etc.

Let us know if you have any questions.

-David
thanks for links, i saw them earlier. i just ordered cheaper version.thanks for advice's

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,945 Posts
thanks for links, i saw them earlier. i just ordered cheaper version.thanks for advice's
Welcome, and thank you for your order with us.

We will have it shipped out first thing tomorrow, and I will email you the tracking later tonight. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guy's. I've been looking for catch can for my 2.4l optima 2019 lx. Do you have any recommendations what to buy? what to avoid? Which brand, which model? Price is crucial for me. Any experience with particular models?
K5optimastore.com

1 - 20 of 26 Posts