Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima SX 2.0L turbo
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2014 SX turbo was left outside for 2 weeks in - 25C to - 45C while I was working. When I went to start it when my work trip was done I put the fully charged battery back in that had been sitting in my warm room. Car starts, I drive it to check out, leave it running, and I come out and it's off and completely dead. I'm able to jump it from another vehicle and I get it home.

A day later I go grocery shopping and the car seems to go into limp mode without a CEL. I foolishly decide to continue shopping and park the car. When I come back out my car is completely dead again. I try to get a jump from a stranger, the car turns over but won't start. No codes. End up having to tow it home. Next day I put a new battery in. Starts up just fine, I drive it around with no issues or codes on the torque app. Park back at the house, and it starts idling wierd. I put it in drive and it dies. Turns over but won't start again. Then I hear a whiney grinding sort of noise when I turn accessories on, coming from the engine bay. I figure it's the hpfp but the sound is coming from the lower front of the engine.

I've searched forums like crazy but haven't found anything that seems to help. Any suggestions? I need to drive to another city on Wednesday to fly out for work again and I need my vehicle to get there. Thank you!

Here's a link to a video of the noise coming from the engine bay

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
Is your car killing the battery?

Like maybe there is a short that destroys the battery?

I can't help but feel the symptoms are like a dead battery, but it's very odd that the new battery would so quickly give you symptoms of a dead battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts