Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2013 sxl with 120k miles..my question is.. aside from electrical issues which aren't included with car chield (windows, lights, sunroof, etc...) is there an extended warranty that owners would recommend for common problems associated with this year?

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
350 Posts
Most common/expensive issue with '11- '19 is the 2.0 (w or w/out turbo) & 2.4 engines. Kia has agreed to provide lifetime engine replacements if they fail due to oil/lubrication/main bearings. Trans is pretty solid as are the other major components, a/c, brakes, steering. So not sure where the value is in an extra warranty for these vehicles. I'd save the cash and use that if needed, if not, its yours. Luck.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
If your Optima was new or very recent vintage I would have suggested getting an extended warranty to cover the electronics since Optima factory warranty on electronics is only 3 yr/36K miles IIRC. I can't speak as to what issues might pop up for your MY vehicle but given its age getting an extended warranty is probably not worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts