Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am I going crazy here or is ~$2100 + labor + tax crazy to replace a light bulb???

I hit a deer last winter and part of the costs when fixing it was indeed a $2096.41 "Lamp" for the drivers side.

Can they not just buy a new D1S bulb and replace it?

I'm absolutely flabbergasted they want this much to change a light bulb. I'd rather trade the car in than drop that kind of money on it.

I think EX Luxury uses the same HID bulbs as the SX as I know models are different by country.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Are you sure it’s just the D1S bulb that needed to be change or maybe the whole headlight assembly needed to be change? I find that hard to believe that’s just a bulb itself that cost that much, if that’s the case you’re better off getting the dual headlight set up for that price lol. Even with the new set top of the line Osram CBA HID bulbs will only run at $300 from TRS and that will be a major upgrade over the crappy stock HID bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They didn't even look at it. I just went into the service depot and asked for a quote said I had a headlight out and he looked up my car and gave me that price.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
They didn't even look at it. I just went into the service depot and asked for a quote said I had a headlight out and he looked up my car and gave me that price.
Maybe you can rule that out by taking the working bulb from the passenger side and put it in the driver side to see if works. Once that have been determine then you can decide!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
629 Posts
On a '16 SXL the Repair Shop billed the insurance co $883.75 for the HID/Auto-Leveling/Dynamic Bending entire Light Kit X Retail markup = $??
Pls Call back OR Call another Dealer as this guy was either too busy to listen or cared too little for a $2000 Light BULB Not to trigger a mental alarm.
Surely YOU know this can't be true - even in Canada $$.

It DOES make a lot of sense to Test / PROVE the HID Bulb is ALL you need Vs having a Light Kit issue, too, IF the good bulb fails in your swap Test.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,816 Posts
We sell both the HID bulb itself, as well as the entire headlamp assembly.

The headlamps we sell are OEM Kia parts, and both the L & R sides of upgraded OEM Dual Projectors shipped to Canada would be less than they are quoting you.

Let me know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
2013 kia Optima Pearl White kia Kia Optima
35 Posts
You can buy the bulbs on ebay for $16 to $40. The whole houseing might be on ebay too. Craigslist has parts cars from time to time. All depends, how deep your pockets are. Dealer parts are always sky high. Aftermarket parts are cheeper than dealer. All depends what you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts