Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I’m buying a 2013 optima off a friend. Recently her motor seized up out of no where. I’m reading this might be sorta common. She took it to a Kia dealer and they did some work on it and told her she basically got a new motor. The car has 169,000 miles but I’m interested in buying it because of the new motor. I am having a hard time understanding based on the invoice if the motor was actually replaced or not. Mind helping be decipher it? Thanks!
White Handwriting Black Font Material property
Black Font Material property Handwriting Newspaper

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
241 Posts
Hey guys. I’m buying a 2013 optima off a friend. Recently her motor seized up out of no where. I’m reading this might be sorta common. She took it to a Kia dealer and they did some work on it and told her she basically got a new motor. The car has 169,000 miles but I’m interested in buying it because of the new motor. I am having a hard time understanding based on the invoice if the motor was actually replaced or not. Mind helping be decipher it? Thanks! View attachment 250561 View attachment 250562
It says they replaced engine long block assembly, starter and battery.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,610 Posts
It's a remanufactured engine, remanufactured starter and new battery if you want to get technical.
I say that's debsteable as I believe that the rebuilding process would take entirely too long for them to keep up with the demand, but either way the motor has a lifetime warranty for all owners, so no problem.
If the price is right, go for it, but there's other inherent problems with the car albeit minor, but costly if you can't do the work.
Make certain the A/C works at startup after sitting and stays cold at idle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I say that's debsteable as I believe that the rebuilding process would take entirely too long for them to keep up with the demand, but either way the motor has a lifetime warranty for all owners, so no problem.
If the price is right, go for it, but there's other inherent problems with the car albeit minor, but costly if you can't do the work.
It’s $7,000 and comes with snow tires. Runs good now. Unsure about the ac.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
241 Posts
Here is your proof. The part number without the R was the old part number.
Font Rectangle Parallel Electric blue Screenshot

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,610 Posts
You can continue to argue with yourself if you'd like. ✌
Didn't realize it was considered an argrument, only trying to responde to what the OP was asking, but
if you choose to bow out, fine with me, so we'll consider it to be a new long block.

Just to add, have never seen a short block, or sub assembly ever installed as a replcement engine after the KSDS senses a problem and lights a CEL P1326.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Didn't realize it was considered an argrument, only try to responded to what the OP was asking, but
if you choose to bow out, fine with me, so we'll consider it to be a new long block.

Just to add, have never seen a short block, or sub assembly ever installed as a replcement engine after the KSDS senses a problem and lights a CEL P1326.
So would you consider that a new motor basically? Should I expect it to run for a long while?

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 193K with Drag wheels.
416 Posts
I'd say so, its not all new but the core parts (block, pistons, crankshaft, cylinder head, camshaft, valve train). All the other parts (fuel system, electrical, intake, exhaust, accessories) are original ones transferred over.

It Should last, break them in gently for even better fuel efficiency down the road. Luck!

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
10 Posts
It says they replaced the long block. A long block consists of the the engine block and internals, and head(s). That is what you would call replacing the engine. Whether the engine is completely new or remanufactured, I don't know, and I don't think it really matters too much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts