Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to pull my radio to fix an noise issue with one of my amps. I replaced it with a better twisted pair shielded and cable and solved the issue, but when putting it all back together I noticed this one wire hanging and I couldn’t remember for the life of my if it was like that when I opened the dash up...I couldn’t find anything on the aftermarket pioneer radio not on the climate control, and everything seemed to work fine, but I was curious for my own sanity what this wire was for.

thanks

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
I presume your AM/FM reception checks out ok? If so, then my best guess is it's the antenna cable for either Sirius XM or GPS--you didn't mention what type of factory radio was in your Optima.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I presume your AM/FM reception checks out ok? If so, then my best guess is it's the antenna cable for either Sirius XM or GPS--you didn't mention what type of factory radio was in your Optima.
Ah yes, I have the non tech package but did have Sirius xm on my factory radio. This pioneer app radio I have doesnt have a satellite radio tuner in it so that must be why it’s no longer hooked up. I installed this radio like 7 years ago so I couldn’t remember...can’t wait for that stimulus check...going right to a new 10” pioneer unit since I’m one of the lucky group that still has a job and reliable income.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts