Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 sx turbo
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found in a pick and pull lot, a complete turbo kit on a 2011 SX. I just bought an EX and I’m wondering can I do a full swap with the ECU if I have all the components and if so what components do I need outside of the entire intake inner cooler exhaust manifold turbo coil packs ECU? They are literally only wanting to 240 bucks for all of the items listed above. And I am working on getting that price even lower if I give them all of my working components as well will this work?

I would appreciate a super quick response being as if someone else sees that this is there I will lose these things and I don’t want to so I’m literally thinking about going and getting it all tomorrow if it’s possible.

·
Registered
2014 sx turbo
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But I just got a new block put in my optima . So So even with the inner cooler in the entire turbo charger system in the ECU coil packs of that stuff it’s still won’t work?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
Compression ratio different, as well as engine strength for 18 psi boost.
Not as easy as one may think, so better off purchasing a turbo car or buy the entire drive-train, wiring, inter-cooler etc and convert yours over, a lot of work.
If I remember correctly even some of the trans ratios are different.

·
Registered
2014 sx turbo
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Compression ratio different, as well as engine strength for 18 psi boost.
Not as easy as one may think, so better off purchasing a turbo car or buy the entire drive-train, wiring, inter-cooler etc and convert yours over, a lot of work.
If I remember correctly even some of the trans ratios are different.
Ok thank you. I will return the inter cooler amd get credit for the black Interior I’m snagging

1 - 6 of 6 Posts