Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
kia optima 2019 lx
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i get uvo installed on my kia if my. kia dose t have it?

I have a 2019 Kia Optima lx/ex and would love to turn on my car from my phone and turn on the ac. Especially since I’m in Miami where it gets super hot sometimes. I would mind paying but I haven’t seen anything when I googled it and I really am not gonna buy a new car just for it ether.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
170 Posts
The uvo your talking about is for the hybrids only, to my knowledge. You need a remote starter. K5optimastore.com and the canbus is a great option. Or many aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The uvo your talking about is for the hybrids only, to my knowledge. You need a remote starter. K5optimastore.com and the canbus is a great option. Or many aftermarket ones.
Just remember to set the HVAC controls to where you want them before shutting off the car.

·
Registered
kia optima 2019 lx
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just remember to set the HVAC controls to where you want them before shutting off the car.
I don’t have a smart key though and I read the description saying it needs a smart key. Anything that could work with mine? 2019 Kia Optima lx/ex. When I mean lx/ex my car has ex on it while it’s vin has lx so I’m not sure which it is

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
170 Posts
Ohh, you might be better to just get an aftermarket one installed then. You'll probably have a 2nd fob, but remote start is the only thing you are gonna get at this point.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the 2020 hybrid EX and this is what I know from it.

Yes, the remote start of the A/C is a nice feature, but there's more to it than that. The car has some electric motor controlled dampeners in the front grill that open baffles to keep the engine cool while doing the remote A/C thing. It also makes sure the doors are locked so no one can jump in without the fob nearby and steal the thing. The grill lights and taillights also flash during the remote A/C thing too. It has other options like door locking, vehicle whereabouts (I used that after a car wreck to see where the body shop kept moving the car to. Had to go to dealer for some sensor calibrations.), watching kids and their speeds, mapping, etc.

You have three selections of the temp control from the phone. I think 65, 75, 85 degrees F. I'd guess it takes about a minute to activate from the phone.

Bad part is it is a subscription service that runs about $150/yr. or maybe #250 if you want to add the voice portions like Siri, Alexis, or whatever voice controlled unit you use at home. It is an annual auto-renew subscription off your credit card much like the Sirius radio subscription. I think they just added a monthly payment addition too, ~ $14.95/mo, which might be easeir to get out of than the annual Sirus XM radio subscription plan. I avoided the Sirus XM sub plan after reading all the complaints about their price jacking and difficulty to get out of. I just put my 300 CDs I burned to MP3 onto a small thumbdrive and plug it into the USB media port. Good enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts