Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently installed Diode dynamics HP11 LED turn signals in my rear turn signals and would like to do the same to my front signals. The issue I am having is that it seems there is no metal to mount the load resistor to in the lower front area by my signals (if anyone has a spot where they fit theres in let me know, but it seems like the sides are plastic to me), so my load resistor cables will not reach the wires. I would like to know if I could cut into the wire coming from my load resistor and solder on an extension (of a thinner type of wire) and still have everything work properly.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
carful with thinning out wire used for electricity. Smaller to bigger is not to much of a issue //lost in amp/ watt with travel// but bigger to smaller, can cause heat and electrical fire. Not all the time but can happen. Match the gauge of the wire if using direct connection. Now I had led turn signals in my stock 2013 headlights w/ load resistors. But when I got my after market I wanted to do the same, switch to led. New bulbs are out with load R/ built in that do away with the resistor needed. I’ve been running mine for 8-10 months. No issues. Not expansive either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts