Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a CAI that goes down below your headlight housing, kind of like the Injen intake, and I am just wondering how you guys got that tube to fit between the coolant lines and still line up with the throttle body? Am I going to have to go from under the car to get this to work? It is an off brand that I found on Amazon for $100, and I figured why not, then just add a K&N filter to it instead of the one that came with the kit. I mean the kit looks legit, it has the inlets for in the right locations for everything else.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
Can't really help you as a CAI is not one of my favorite items to install, but not certain as to how far done the air tube extends, just keep in mind you don't want any water to be able to get into that tube.

Also, you can see the factory air intake is fresh air direct, so why not just install the K&N fither?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't really help you as a CAI is not one of my favorite items to install, but not certain as to how far done the air tube extends, just keep in mind you don't want any water to be able to get into that tube.

Also, you can see the factory air intake is fresh air direct, so why not just install the K&N fither?
Really just for the sound!! I mean it's the 2.4l, so I'm not expecting any performance gains. I do get your point of the fresh air coming straight into the air box and I do have a K&N filter in it already, but I just love the noise of the CAI!!

·
Registered
14 lx
86 Posts
You’re going to have to work that thing in there and install the air filter from the bottom. Air filter will sit directly in front of the fog light bulb so if u have led bulbs with big ole fans at the end it’s pretty much a no go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You’re going to have to work that thing in there and install the air filter from the bottom. Air filter will sit directly in front of the fog light bulb so if u have led bulbs with big ole fans at the end it’s pretty much a no go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok thank you!!!

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
I kinda feel the ome is a Cold Air Intake, as is, right out of the box.

Put some money in the stock market instead....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts