Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is making a bubbling and ticking noise after I drive my car. It only makes the noise when it’s on and I’m sitting in park. I can’t figure out what could be causing this.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
690 Posts
Turbonut or tonester, or etc. may soon offer something but I knew this sounded familiar.
Brittwig17, above addresses 2014 BUT no one can see WHAT CAR you're talking about.
Consider making a Signature with your car data so people can help you better with more relevant (to Your car) info.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,195 Posts
For the ticking sound, I'd say the HP fuel pump and as for the bubbling sound that could be many things. Naturally, first make certain the coolant is filled, so remove the radiator cap when the engine is cold to be certain the hot coolant is being "sucked" back into the the radiator when cooling. Coolant should be to the top of the radiator. Make certain that the overflow bottle is maintaining the coolant level over time, and then there might be a small leak in the system and as the coolant condenses air is pulled into the system. Might be a bad radiator cap in that the inner seal is leaking and coolant isn't pulled back into the radiator.
Just a few ideas and if the level does drop over time, put a coolant pressure tester on the car when cold to see if there is a minor leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.