Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this installed on their Optima? Just got one and just looking for ideas and to how everyone installed it.
Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
283 Posts
Should be pretty straight forward. More people have the Lap 3 chip, which is usually mounted on top of the battery. Thought the BT1 was discontinued for a newer version?

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,437 Posts
Well run it for a while and let us know what you think!

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well run it for a while and let us know what you think!
Waiting to install my oil cc and hange my oil to 5w40. Gonna swap the plugs to the m45xl in the time being. Already started fuelling with 94 oct since the tune is set to 3.5 psi over stock. Next mod is intercooler. I already have downpipe but still on stock exhaust. 1 thing at a time.
Another thing I gave to do is, install a boost gauge. While I'm at it, what other gauge should I get?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So...I switched to 5w40, installed the HKS M45XL plugs and plugged in the tune. Seems to have more power for sure. Going to install the cc as soon as I figure out the bracket. Curious as to how much more power I'm making.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far the car idles nice and smooth,acceleration has improved quite a bit. However today for the first time, torque app registered 19 psi of boost!! Will that be considered over boosting since the app takes data directly from the ecu? Cant wait for the catback and possibly fmic or at the very least, Wagner ic.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So...after a spirited run, I popped the hood open and noticed the new hose I used to connect from the pcv valve to the cc. I noticed it was flat! Like all the air was sucked out. So it's a very soft nylon hose. I removed it and I plugged the original back to pcv for now till i go to an auto parts store and get a proper hose.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
546 Posts
So...after a spirited run, I popped the hood open and noticed the new hose I used to connect from the pcv valve to the cc. I noticed it was flat! Like all the air was sucked out. So it's a very soft nylon hose. I removed it and I plugged the original back to pcv for now till i go to an auto parts store and get a proper hose.
Forgive me if the following sounds like I'm insulting your intelligence--is your OCC a single- or dual-inlet one? Regardless, are you positive you didn't accidentally swap the inlet and outlet hose connections when connecting your hoses? Yes IIRC I believe the OCC has the inlet labelled but brain farts are possible.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The original hose from the pcv goes into "in" and the new one I cut goes from out to pcv.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is what I got from bytetronik concerning the over boost.

Have you considered the ECU is targeting less boost from the start due to knock? The ECU will target less boost. The BT1 can only add to the ECU target boost. For an example, if the ECU targets 12 psi, the BT1 can only add 3 to 3.5 psi to that 12 psi. OBD II doesn't log knock, knock retard, or target boost. So how do you know from TorqueApp that the ECU is targeting a 17.4? It could be targeting less.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I did a scan with the torque app and got a P0237 but I dont have a cel. Is this because the piggyback is plugged in?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
283 Posts
Hoses are backwards. Pick up some 3/8 fuel line hose from auto parts store to replace the inferior hose that came with the can.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,437 Posts
So far the car idles nice and smooth,acceleration has improved quite a bit. However today for the first time, torque app registered 19 psi of boost!! Will that be considered over boosting since the app takes data directly from the ecu? Cant wait for the catback and possibly fmic or at the very least, Wagner ic.
If you overboost (which you wont in warmer weather) you'll know it as your car will suddenly go into limp mode. Do grab a good catback although a good aftermarket intercooler will help more. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts