Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my driver side cig lighter will not charge? I've switched everything around so I'm assuming it's a fuse? Where is the fuses

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Cigarette lighter? LOL, did your car come with ashtrays? :D

It's most likely the fuse. I blew mine out by starting the car while I had a tire inflator running that was pugged into the socket.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I thought one of mine was broken, but it just had a small plastic object blocking entry was all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi gang.

On the weekend I had a flat and luckily had a tire repair kit and 12V Compressor. Fixed everything A-1.

When I pulled out the 12V male plug from the car's 12 socket it broke in two leaving the base of the male inside of the Optima's socket. I've tried to pull it out with long nose pliers to no avail... I'm afraid to tear out the entire socket assembly.

SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Have a 2013 lx and the fuses are in the inside fuse box and not under the hood. Know for sure because have both modded to to have power even if car is turned off..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Noticed this thread and it reminded me - my EX is the first vehicle I've owned in 35 years that I'm not smoking in. I quit (well, switched to vaping) last October. A lighter and ashtray wasn't a consideration this time when we bought the Optima. :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
My passenger side socket is a tad too wide for some reason. No phone charger will work unless I pry out the contacts on the cable, and even then it cycles off and on. My GPS uses socket one, my thumb drive uses the USB.....so I just make sure my phone is 100% before a trip and I keep the USB charger in the console so no biggee.

·
Registered
346 Posts
under the dash, theres a fusebox, right below your steering wheel, take a look at its cover look for the cigarette symbol, as for korean version, from the top left, goes 3 unit down and 3 unit right with "15A" blue colored fuse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was reading this thread because my driver side power outlet stopped working. I checked the fuse and it was fine. Is there a second fuse for the outlet?

·
Registered
320 Posts
under the dash, theres a fusebox, right below your steering wheel, take a look at its cover look for the cigarette symbol, as for korean version, from the top left, goes 3 unit down and 3 unit right with "15A" blue colored fuse.
Since there's only one fuse but two cigarette lighters, how is it that one cigarette lighter works and one doesn't? Unless another fuse corresponds the one that doesn't work, but I haven't been able to figure this out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since there's only one fuse but two cigarette lighters, how is it that one cigarette lighter works and one doesn't? Unless another fuse corresponds the one that doesn't work, but I haven't been able to figure this out.
There is only one "cigarette lighter" fuse listed, but there is also a 15A "front power outlet" or "POWER OUTLET" fuse that's for the other lighter port. I bet that's the one that's blown.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts