Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima SX 2011
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at all kind of options for upgrading my brakes for my SX 2011, I think I analyzed every possible options for this car. I have to upgrade because I'll do track with the car and original brakes are fine for road use, but just won't cut it, they'll heat way too much after a couple laps at the limit. Also the track pads available for the original calipers is very very limited.

I ended up buying 4 Brembos calipers from a Genesis coupe GT/R-spec at an amazing price. We'll see how I can make these fit. If I can't fit them (which would surprise me very much) I'll just sell them with a profit I have a friend who's a great machinist, so making adapters for this application isn't a problem. But I *think* they are a direct bolt on, with special attention needed for the rotors hat height so the discs are centered in the calipers and wheel offset to clear the calipers. Also the parking brake diameter ID hat from the Brembos are 190mm, and stock optima is 168mm, so a little fiddling needed there also.

Anyways lots of these calipers around in scrapyards, ebay, etc. at fairly cheap prices, so it's a nice option to have for our cars. Lots of performance pads options for these.

I needed them for the performance, but they do look awesome :D

My Genesis Brembos.jpg

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima SX 2011
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ah cool Salut 1st Timer :) The forums are pretty dead on this website, not many answers when you post. It's always been like that ? Any other more active forums on the webernet ? Yes I'll let you know how the project goes. I have a good ally that is advising me in the project: Perry Performance Competition from Laval...And I'm a OK mechanic, so all should be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts