Kia Optima Forums banner
141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
28 Posts
Finally got to finish the trio! Luckily I learned from my difficult time of the back and applied a new strategy! Also there was about 1/3 less adhesive on the front so that helps too! So happy with the look!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Finally got to finish the trio! Luckily I learned from my difficult time of the back and applied a new strategy! Also there was about 1/3 less adhesive on the front so that helps too! So happy with the look!

Nice work, wow that looks really nice on your SWP. About how long would you say it took to do the front emblem? install

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
28 Posts
Nice work, wow that looks really nice on your SWP. About how long would you say it took to do the front emblem? install
Thanks! I would say 10 minutes to saw with crappy floss (kept ripping). About 15 minutes to remove all of the excessive adhesive. The back took me an hour.

I highly recommend putting a piece of paper under the edge to guide the floss under the badge....

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Thanks! I would say 10 minutes to saw with crappy floss (kept ripping). About 15 minutes to remove all of the excessive adhesive. The back took me an hour.

I highly recommend putting a piece of paper under the edge to guide the floss under the badge....
Not bad at all. I did mine in a little over an hours as well, because I took my time and didn't want to damage my paint like I did on the optima. :lol:

·
Registered
261 Posts

Not bad at all. I did mine in a little over an hours as well, because I took my time and didn't want to damage my paint like I did on the optima. :lol:
When I did mine on my old Optima, it was blazing hot outside and I literally just ripped the front emblem off in like 2 minutes and the adhesive came off with it. :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Just ordered a set of Black K5 emblems in Luxury White to add a nice pop on my Snow White Pearl Optima! Can't Wait!
Thank you for placing an order with us online! :)

Post up some pics once you get them installed.

When I did mine on my old Optima, it was blazing hot outside and I literally just ripped the front emblem off in like 2 minutes and the adhesive came off with it. :)
I wish it were that easy for me. On my Optima and K900 it took about an hour for me to do both front and rear emblems. Then again if you're removing aftermarket emblems, I think it's a bit easier than removing the OEM ones the first time around.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
I did my emblems today, Front was a pain. Other than that was pretty easy. Forgot a pic of the steering wheel.

View attachment 198521
View attachment 198513 View attachment 198505
Thank you for posting up pics for us. If you get a minute, post one up of the steering wheel emblem too. :grin:

Looks very nice
Yup I think so too! I've been debating changing out the ones I have on my K900 for these new black edition ones.

·
Registered
2015 Optima EX
45 Posts
Just ordered a set of Black Edition-Carbon Fiber...looking forward to getting and installing these bad boys

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Just ordered a set of Black Edition-Carbon Fiber...looking forward to getting and installing these bad boys
Thank you very much for placing your order with us. Once you have them installed, please post up a picture or two of them for others to see. :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
The weather in Orlando cleared up on Saturday and I through on my new badges...They look beautiful. Thanks again
Happy to hear you got them installed. (At least that's what I think you meant to say) ;)

Any pics of them after install?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Not sure if this was asked but... Do the emblems come made for 2015 curved truck lid?
The "Black Edition" emblems do not contain any metal and therefore are very flexible.

They do fit on both the 2011-2013 models as well as the 14-16 models that have the curved trunk lid. There is no prepping or shaping the emblems that is necessary with the "Black Edition" emblems.

So you will have no issues installing them on the 2015 model right out of the package. ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sounds good, just ordered them.

Seems like you guys got a new checkout layout. Pretty cool, not sure how my facebook ended up on there but ok :p
Don't hack me pls.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Sounds good, just ordered them.

Seems like you guys got a new checkout layout. Pretty cool, not sure how my facebook ended up on there but ok :p
Don't hack me pls.
Awesome, thank you for your order with us. If you don't mind, after installing them, post up a pic or two here in the thread.

Yes sir, we upgraded our checkout about a month or two ago and integrated Facebook Messenger into the checkout process. This way customers can opt in to receive order confirmations, shipping confirmations, and delivery confirmation messages directly to their Facebook messenger in real time.

If you are logged into your FB during the checkout process on our site, unless you choose to opt out by de-selecting the checkbox, then you will receive those notifications. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
55 Posts
Just ordered the white carbon fiber on Friday. Can't wait to get them and get them installed. Really great service so far. I love the system you have setup. Easy payment options and instant notifications of shipment details. Keep up the good work!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Just ordered the white carbon fiber on Friday. Can't wait to get them and get them installed. Really great service so far. I love the system you have setup. Easy payment options and instant notifications of shipment details. Keep up the good work!
Thank you for placing your order with us on the site and for the kind words.

Please post up some pics of them installed once you have a chance, this way others can see how they look on your ride.

141 - 160 of 182 Posts