Kia Optima Forums banner

61 - 80 of 183 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Anybody with blue car and black emblems? Trying decide if blue or black. Decisions decisions
I'm pretty sure we've sold some black emblems to owners of the blue Optima. Just need to see if any of them are on the forum here and can post up some photos. Do you have the corsa blue color or the smoky blue?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
24 Posts
I'm pretty sure we've sold some black emblems to owners of the blue Optima. Just need to see if any of them are on the forum here and can post up some photos. Do you have the corsa blue color or the smoky blue?
Corsa Blue. Just got 20% tint put on today so looking for next mod ha.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
8 Posts
Guess I could have asked my question here, instead of on your store. Are the black emblems a gloss or matte/satin finish? Pics on site look satin/matte but looking at install pics on here they look glossy. Just curious.

Alex

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Corsa Blue. Just got 20% tint put on today so looking for next mod ha.
Oh cool! Well these will definitely look great on your ride whether you go with blue or black.

Guess I could have asked my question here, instead of on your store. Are the black emblems a gloss or matte/satin finish? Pics on site look satin/matte but looking at install pics on here they look glossy. Just curious.

Alex
Hey Alex, the black "Black Edition" emblems are more of a gloss on the center section and matte on the edges, whereas the carbon fiber emblems are more matte all the way around.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Thinking of purchasing whole 7 piece set is there any updates coming out soon for the wheels and steering wheel?
Hey Anthony, sounds great! No these are the newest emblems that have been released. It will include the newest steering wheel emblem that was released last year.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Good to go order placed! Can't wait to get them in.
Thank you for your order, got it shipped out the same day for you.

Sweet, looks really good. Thank you for posting up some photos.

does plasti dipping your badges match the finish of these emblems well? Or do you need to use the glossifier on top?
Which badges are you referring too?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
24 Posts
To the black emblems I just purchased.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Do the current instructions that are up for chrome also apply to these about needing to form the back emblem?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
To the black emblems I just purchased.
I'm sorry I do not understand your question. Are you asking if plasti-dipping the stock emblems look like the new "Black Edition" emblems do that you just ordered?

Do the current instructions that are up for chrome also apply to these about needing to form the back emblem?
No that is not necessary with these since there is no chrome or metal in them. They are very flexible and conform to the shape of the trunk lid.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
24 Posts
Sorry I am wondering if I were to plasti dip the "optima and sx" badges in black will it match the black emblems. Or is the emblem more of a gloss black instead of matte

·
Your K5 Optima Store Rep
2012 Kia Optima
1,818 Posts
Sorry I am wondering if I were to plasti dip the "optima and sx" badges in black will it match the black emblems. Or is the emblem more of a gloss black instead of matte
Hey Anthony, on the Black Edition emblems the "K" and the outer ring are a matte black while the insert is glossy. So you have the option for matching either one. With the plastidip, you can start off with the plain black which is matte and see if you like it that way. If not just add glossifier to the "OPTIMA" and SX badges to your liking. Either way, you can't go wrong with these great emblems.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
24 Posts
Hey Anthony, on the Black Edition emblems the "K" and the outer ring are a matte black while the insert is glossy. So you have the option for matching either one. With the plastidip, you can start off with the plain black which is matte and see if you like it that way. If not just add glossifier to the "OPTIMA" and SX badges to your liking. Either way, you can't go wrong with these great emblems.
thanks for reply

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
24 Posts
image.jpg Was able to get front badge on. What a pain lol. Nicked paint in one spot was hoping badge would be big enough cover but used paint pen to hit up. Will get better pic when all on.

61 - 80 of 183 Posts