Kia Optima Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Ebony SXL Turbo Touring & Tech Pkgs: Original Everything 195K Drag wheels
440 Posts
Yes some are really spongy like my 01 4runner, everyone complains of the same thing, the brake pedal goes down proportionately thru 3/4 of the pedal travel then get firm and a solid push will brake to the ABS limit, so they work just feel like they go way down compared to other autos. Its a Feature!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes some are really spongy like my 01 4runner, everyone complains of the same thing, the brake pedal goes down proportionately thru 3/4 of the pedal travel then get firm and a solid push will brake to the ABS limit, so they work just feel like they go way down compared to other autos. Its a Feature!
Good to know. Guess ill live with it! Thank you

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone,

New member here. Bought a '15 Optima EX last month, new engine installed after failure!

I replaced all brake hoses, calipers, rotors, and pads. Bled all brakes according to the repair manual multiple times.

I noticed the brakes worked well but if I put a lot of pressure on the pedal it would slowly approach the floor.

After scouring the internet/youtube I found out a faulty master cylinder could be the issue.

I ordered a new master cylinder, and o-ring from the dealer. I got around to bleeding the master cylinder and all wheels again.

I must have bled the brakes 6 times by now. After researching I also discovered that there could be air trapped in the ABS module.

I've tried bleeding the 2 brake lines on the ABS module as well, after activating the ABS system by driving through leaves.

The pedal is still continuing to the floor after purposely pushing the down hard on the pedal.

Isn't the brake pedal supposed to stop about half way no matter how much force you put on the pedal?

This issue is driving me crazy because I've had to jack up the car multiple times now.

At this point i'm thinking the only thing I can do at this point is bring the car to a dealer/mechanic and have them bleed the system.

Just wondering if anyone might know what the issue is? there's no fluid leaking anywhere, and pretty sure air isnt being sucked in.

Thank you,
Evan
Bad master cly. replace it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts