Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m following this thread like I follow all of Turbonuts very informative threads. Just one question about ABS units. If you purposefully activate the ABS unit by simulating a slide or something would it really get any air out of the system since the system is still closed?

P.S. I gave up on the handheld vacuum pumps many years ago and went to the tube in a cup type bleeder.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you have to bleed again and you use the tube in a cup method. Connect the bleeder to the first brake cylinder, open the bleeder valve just until it begins to flow and then pump the brakes VERY SLOWLY and deliberate. Down all the way down slow, hesitate a few seconds and let it up slow. Then go under and tighten the bleeder screw while holding the bleeder tube on.
……………….SLOW PUMPING.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve always gone slowly down to the floor. Not with any real force but a gentle foot to the floor.

Full disclosure….my newest vehicle is a 2007 Kia ( I bleed brakes every three years but only once put it in the shop to have the ABS bled ) and all my previous experience has been with many, many non ABS vehicles all through the years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts