Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brake pads have you used?
Looking for a new set. Something that for daily spirited driving.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The pads look fine but they squeal while reversing and applying brakes.
Also, while going over bumps in a parking lot or going in and out of a driveway, I hear a clicking coming from the brakes. For some reason, shims were not used when I had the brakes changed last year to an aftermarket set. Should I just get a set of oem pads?

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
I recently replace my pads with Raybestos premium pads for my current vehicle and they’re very good quality, I paid about $250 for a full set front and back for the pads. You mentioned you change your pads last year and now it’s squealing when you apply the brake? Did you change the rotors too or did you just change the pads and reuse the rotors? The reason why I’m asking because it happened to me before similar to what you have described. I only change the pads using OEM pads but it makes squeaky sound when applying the brake, it turns out it was the lip on the rotors that was causing it. Not all pads are the exact same width so in my case that was the problem, I changed all 4 pads a few weeks ago but this time I used a disc grinder to remove the lip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts