Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FIXED (Faulty Check Valve)

Hello everyone!

I just recently bought my 2015 Kia Optima SXL, and i’ve began to have an issue with what I believe is the Vacuum Pump for the brakes. I thought it was the brake booster, replaced it, and still am having a issue with releasing pressure from the brake pedal after pressing it a couple times.

Problem: When I push on the pedal, take my foot off, and push on the pedal again the pedal feels very stiff and won’t even go close to all the way to the floor. It does not engage the brakes at all when I push on the pedal more than 2 times in the span of 30 seconds

If anyone has had this issue or can help me out please let me know!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone!

I just recently bought my 2015 Kia Optima SXL, and i’ve began to have an issue with what I believe is the Vacuum Pump for the brakes. I thought it was the brake booster, replaced it, and still am having a issue with releasing pressure from the brake pedal after pressing it a couple times.

Problem: When I push on the pedal, take my foot off, and push on the pedal again the pedal feels very stiff and won’t even go close to all the way to the floor. It does not engage the brakes at all when I push on the pedal more than 2 times in the span of 30 seconds

If anyone has had this issue or can help me out please let me know!
P.S I can also hear the vacuum pump turning on and off when I push on the brake pedal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts