Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would putting a blow off valve sound plate on my Optima have any type of negative effects on the engine over time messing with the air fuel ratio making the engine run rich thus clogging things up over time. Or is the air that is vented back into the intake from the recirculation valve negligible?

·
Registered
2013 Optima LX 2.4L // 2016 Optima SXL 2.0L Turbo
18 Posts
In theory bypass valve spacer (sound plate) should be worse throttle response, but our Optima's have a baby turbo anyways so performance wouldn't be noticeable.

Regarding the air/fuel ratio my obd gauges tell me I'm running normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In theory bypass valve spacer (sound plate) should be worse throttle response, but our Optima's have a baby turbo anyways so performance wouldn't be noticeable.

Regarding the air/fuel ratio my obd gauges tell me I'm running normal.
Ok so it won’t make it run rich good and Any ideas on a tuner for the 2016 2.0 turbo?

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,492 Posts
Would putting a blow off valve sound plate on my Optima have any type of negative effects on the engine over time messing with the air fuel ratio making the engine run rich thus clogging things up over time. Or is the air that is vented back into the intake from the recirculation valve negligible?
Sounds plates are a cheap way to get a knock off BOV sound. If you are considering tuning, you definitely want a real BOV, dont be cheap! As for intake, they're all the same, its mostly looks and sound with K&N and Injen the main two vendors *although there are others). In regards to tuning, you will want to look at lap3usa.com. Have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts