Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my BOV I got from k5optima.com is making my engine run rich, my car feels slower and mpg is really touchy. Is it?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
Consider using something like the Android app called Torque, using a bluetooth OBDII reader to look at more detailed information about how your car runs and the specific engine parameters.

But bottom line, perceptions like "feels slower" and "touchy" can vary or be subjective to how you feel on a given day, so it's better to collect raw information that is not subjective. Or, sniff your exhaust???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What product did you buy? Who installed it? And can you provide pics of how it's installed?

i installed it I lost one of the bolts so I went and got one that has the same length and screw pattern.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
350 Posts
As King Fatty said, use torque Pro, look especially at the LTFT (long term fuel trim), the truth is there.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
I think my BOV I got from k5optima.com is making my engine run rich, my car feels slower and mpg is really touchy. Is it?
No, the little BOV sound plate that you bolt on should not make your car run rich.

Even if you completely removed it, your car would be blowing the air to the atmosphere, imagine this being like a little whistle, it’s just blowing air inside of it that gets blown out to the atmosphere, doubt that would make your car run rich.

If you have any doubts, just remove it, and your car will run the exact same, then you can put it back on and not be worried that it’s causing an issue.

296 5-star reviews on this product currently on our website. Surely, if it caused issues with the engine running properly, we probably wouldn’t have that many people leaving a great review on the product.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Omg how dare you blame the k5 store for selling faulty equipment........on a serious note I would double check to make sure it's installed correctly and that the o-rings didn't come out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts