Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an interesting set of exhaust tips I stumbled across:

I'd like to hear from all of you: What do you think? I currently have a set of Flowmasters installed. I like these Borla tips, but have never seen them installed on a vehicle "in the wild" before, so I still have some doubts...

Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
Didn't find a choice in the 3 categories as I do like the quad look, but not the Borla style with the vanes. Never did like Borla, and not to push the K5 store, but just to use as reference, the Flowmaster is the style I'd purchase, a couple chromed tips that are slightly offset to correspond with the curvature of the bumper.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't find a choice in the 3 categories as I do like the quad look, but not the Borla style with the vanes. Never did like Borla, and not to push the K5 store, but just to use as reference, the Flowmaster is the style I'd purchase, a couple chromed tips that are slightly offset to correspond with the curvature of the bumper.
I actually have a set of Flowmaster tips installed right now, but they don't really fit the "high tech" look I'm going for... I absolutely love the Borla tips on the Stinger, but they don't sell a variant for the Optima. If I find one, I'll post it in this thread.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
They still have the stupid looking "baffles/vanes" inside the tips. Guess different strokes for different people.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
They still have the stupid looking "baffles/vanes" inside the tips. Guess different strokes for different people.

Agreed as well, not a fan of those exhaust tips with those designs inside of it. The quad exhaust tips slant design with Flowmaster probably suits it better but I guess whatever makes the OP happy then go with that choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed as well, not a fan of those exhaust tips with those designs inside of it. The quad exhaust tips slant design with Flowmaster probably suits it better but I guess whatever makes the OP happy then go with that choice.

What's so bad about the designs inside the tips? Looks pretty high-tech to me...

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
What's so bad about the designs inside the tips? Looks pretty high-tech to me...
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the designs and it was just my preference that’s all, it’s not my cup of tea and to each his own. Like I mentioned if you like it really that’s all it matters, doing things different is what makes it unique. You did a lot of mods that are unique so choosing this mod certainly suits you

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
High Tech? Those Borla tips have been around since they began back in 70's.
Like I said before, everybody likes different configurations and if no one liked that style of tip, Borla wouldn't be around, but they still are.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Personally, I don’t care for the look of these tips at all.

If you’re looking for Carbon Fiber tips for the Optima, we can help you find those, very similar looking to the Borla tips that you linked.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Personally, I don’t care for the look of these tips at all.

If you’re looking for Carbon Fiber tips for the Optima, we can help you find those, very similar looking to the Borla tips that you linked.
I'd appreciate that.

They resemble these, right?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
I'd appreciate that.

They resemble these, right?

Welcome and kind of.

Here is a pic of them.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those seem interesting, but the baffled vanes are the real reason I'm looking into new tips. They resemble the tips on the Stinger, and I like the complexity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts