Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 Kia Optima EX. I have a Driod Turbo with Verison. My blue tooth has worked fine for some time. Then I started to have an issue with voice system no hearing me. All other aspects of the system seems fine. I took my car to the Kia dealer and they said they paired one of there phones and everything worked fine. They said my phone was the problem. I called Verison and there tech support said its time for me to get a new phone. I have an issue with this. If my phone has worked in all aspects for some time and now the only issue is the Bluetooth system in the car cannot hear me, I don't think a new phone is the fix. I tried using my sister's phone and I have the same problem.

Is there settings on phone or Bluetooth Radio that could be checked? Can the Bluetooth radio be reset? Phone reset?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
I would suggest you unpair the current phone and all phones from the car, then re-pair the phone you want, and see if that works better.

Then also, yes, you can reset the car radio.

The reset procedure is to hold down two buttons for 10 seconds (after which you will see the radio reset: 1) FM/AM button, and 2) Map Voice button

I would try that next.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure about the reset procedure. Which 2 buttons?

By the way, I found that Bluetooth is turning itself off. I go into advanced on radio and turn it on but it will turn itself off. Really weird.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
Does your car have Navigation as part of the radio system?

If yes, then you'll hold down the two buttons as described above: 1) FM/AM button, and 2) Map Voice button

But that is for radios with the NAV unit built in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts