Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Optima EX
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
I have had my 2017 about 5 months now. Still learning about it. There is a red LED on the dash pointing outwards in the center of dash almost to the windshield. You can see it from the outside slowly blinking red. Read the OM page to page no mention of it.

Is it the alarm is armed light? Read the alarm section carefully no mention of it.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
Pic?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
I always assumed my blinking red light at the dash by the window is for anti theft and alarm. Well, it's not like an aftermarket alarm, but instead the flashing red light it lets thieves know your car will beep the horn if they try to force start the car or something? I've accidentally caused the car to beep the horn like that, not sure what I did.

·
Registered
2017 Optima EX
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always assumed my blinking red light at the dash by the window is for anti theft and alarm. Well, it's not like an aftermarket alarm, but instead the flashing red light it lets thieves know your car will beep the horn if they try to force start the car or something? I've accidentally caused the car to beep the horn like that, not sure what I did.
Thanks that’s what I thought OM does Not discuss it So I asked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts