Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a collision how much does it cost to fix the BSD system on the passenger side of an 2018 Optima

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
14 Posts
Depends how many, and which, components were damaged. Also on how much labor is involved to R&R them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a hit directly on passenger front tire. Do you have an estimate of what I’m looking at? Everything b is already repaired it’s just that warning light that is on. Kia wants to charge me $150 just to tell me the light is on from the collision. Won’t give me an estimate on any repairs

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
14 Posts
Sorry I wasn't clear before. The only way to estimate cost is to examine the car in person and test the system(s). Anyone would have to do that to give you a repair estimate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m sorry I have another question.. after a hit to the front of the car the BSD can be affected? From what I’m reading the senors are located on the rear bumper there was no damage there.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
14 Posts
Hmm. Maybe someone else will jump in.

Makes sense that BSD sensors are in rear bumper. I don't know where the wiring is for any system. Does your car have an indicator in the passenger-side mirror, and is it working properly? Maybe the wiring to that indicator could have been damaged?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
480 Posts
Totally unrelated to question ..... Assuming it was not your fault you should pursue a Diminished Value Claim against the other driver's Insurance Company.
Your FUTURE Trade-in Value will be Reduced from being Hit, so this compensates (some/all) for that.
I got about $4000 from being hit in the same spot and this Presumes Your State allows such claims.
The Link below is offered JUST to get you started IF you pursue this; Search for others as desired.
He prepared a professional looking Report detailing interviews with 5 Dealers and their After-Hit Reduced Appraisal of your car per the Repair List you'd provide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts