Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to install speed bleeders but the Russell website does not list a part number for this car. I called them and they said that means they haven't 'tested' this car but if I could tell them the size of the bleeder screw they can tell me which of their parts to use. I can't find the bleeder screw information anywhere. It looks like it's 8mm to me but does anyone know the size and thread pitch of the bleeder screw for front/rear on this car? Even the dealer could not tell me.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
Go to the Speed Bleeder site and plug in part search 9407K-2015 SX part number and it will give you a list of the applications, or just purchase them from Speed Bleeders.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
As an alternative, if you can't find them, you can use a tube and bottle to work as a speed bleeder for solo bleeding.

I've used this approach, using an old spaghetti bottle:

Works great and is fast, and you just use the existing standard bleeder screws that come with the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to the Speed Bleeder site and plug in part search 9407K-2015 SX part number and it will give you a list of the applications, or just purchase them from Speed Bleeders.
Thanks. I could only find a hit for part 9407K but that may mean all Optimas use the same size bleeder screw. I'll probably call them to confirm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts