Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning awesome people from who I seek knowledge from. I got a 19’ Kia Optima lx. I track the car, and do spirted driving in the twisties but the brake fade and braking power struggle real. Is there any way to put on bigger/ more piston calibers, brake rotors and pads? The car is a great daily outside of lack of power and braking. The power I can deal with, the braking I can not. Also, where can I get a front strut tower bar?! These make such a big difference.

My upgrades so far are
18 inch rims with pilot sport tires
Truehart lowering spring and performance shocks and struts
Throttle body spacer
Custom made and wrapped CAI

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's several things you can do to help with braking...
#1 Get a set of Genesis brake calipers and brackets off a compatible year. They have a bigger bore. The brackets should fit the hub of different years of both Kia & Hyundai and the calipers will work.
#2 Buy a full set of drilled/slotted rotors and brakes. Do Not buy ceramic pads they do nothing for aggressive driving and they don't absorb heat which causes the rotors to warp. Thus affecting your braking power.
#3 Buy Semi-metallic pads..more brake dust but better braking with less fade. Plus they absorb some the heat and keeps the rotors cooler as a result.
#4 Buy stainless steel braided brake lines to keep the pressure consistent.
#5 Change out you brake fluid and replace with high quality fluid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts