Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2013 Kia Optima
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased BC coilovers from K5 Optima Store.

Absolutely phenomenal coilovers. They look and work great. Car rides way better. As far as dampening settings, I am at 13 in the front and 17 in the back. Definitely lost some of the comfort that I always got compliments for in the Optima, but at least my control is much better now, which is more important to me.

I originally had no intention on lowering the vehicle, but they came from factory a bit lower and I couldn't resist keeping it that way immediately after the work being done. It looks amazing now. Every stock height Optima looks crazy monster truck like to me now. I love it. Guess I'm a part of stance nation now. :p

The only complaint I have is that the front coilovers are not machined properly to use the OEM nut (2013 Kia Optima SXL), but a quick trip to Ace Hardware made that an easy fix. Just needed nuts without the shroud. Not sure why this was the way it was and according to David @ K5 Optima Store, no one has ever stated an issue in the past.

My cornering is insane these days. I had to watch out for understeering after being so use to catching oversteering. I hug corners now and can easily turn down a side street (90* turn) at like 35-40mph without issue. Catch ya around. ??

original.jpg original2.jpg original3.jpg

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,219 Posts
Awesome review of the product and your personal feedback. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your purchase of these through us, BC makes a phenomenal product!

Glad you are enjoying them as well, and your ride looks great with the new stance!

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,502 Posts
Excellent review! BC is a great name in coils and your car looks so much better afterwards. Welcome to stance nation! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts