Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the warning "battery may discharge if engine is not started" on the LCD screen? It only does this when I am in AUX listening to the radio for roughly 10 mins and then comes on every 1-2 minutes every time after that. It's driving me a little nuts. What are people supposed to do it they want to go to a drive in? I know there aren't many drive in's anymore but there are two where I live and would like to have that option. But if it will be beeping at me every minute, I will never want to go again. Your knowledge or comments are appreciated. Thank you.

2012 Kia Optima SX owner

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think I heard that if you shut the engine off before you place it in park that it wont actually go into Acc mode and the warning wont show. Haven't tested it though

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey. Newkia..you obviously live in the flatlands. No warning light, but our car may roll off the road.:facepalm:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Putting it in neutral before shutting the engine down will keep the radio/etc. on. However, as camaroguy noted, you are in neutral, and with the engine off the brake will stop working after a while...Be careful.

·
Registered
137 Posts
after the car is off just put it in park!!!! then it wont roll:yahoo:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just noticed on my new SX, that it shows this message for a second when I start the car. I didn't notice it yesterday so I will keep an eye on it. The message goes away quickly almost like the unit turns on and takes a second to notice that the car is actually on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just noticed on my new SX, that it shows this message for a second when I start the car. I didn't notice it yesterday so I will keep an eye on it. The message goes away quickly almost like the unit turns on and takes a second to notice that the car is actually on.
I've had this happen a couple of times also. I could be putting it into acc mode then staring the car. So I have been careful to have my foot on the brake then pressing start and it hasn't happen since.

·
05/2012 ROTM
1,005 Posts
^^^Happens to mine all the time.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,442 Posts
I haven't ever seen this warning before. But I still have several miles to come, say maybe I will eventually ;)
As I was reading thruough this thread I was thinking the same thing wondering if I was the only one that has NEVER ever seen this warning. I guess its just you and me. I also have a 2012 SX & I'm almost at 5000 miles now. Weird I have never seen this. I have also sat in my car for over 20 minutes and as another member mentioned after so much time everything just turns off on its own. Then you have to re-start the car and then turn it off again to get the accessories working again.

·
Registered
998 Posts
^ mine has about 2,700 miles so that's not much but I have sat in it for a long time chillin with the radio on and the car off, no warning message though! But sometimes when I start my car I get the traction control light on or the Eco on without pushing anything.

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
any idea how long it takes to actually kill the battery?
When I was building my fiberglass enclosure, I was listening to music for probably around 4 hours, maybe a bit more when my car died entirely. Not even the slightest of power. Had to jump it and reset all my favorite stations and what not.

Not sure what evryone is talking about in regards to the beeping. I can promise you that despite seeing the warning on screen, I never got the beeping sound.

2012 SX, Built 2/27 in GA, Tech & Prem. touring.

Nothing else drawing power.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts