Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so started having the low voltage to wastegate issue on my SX. Watched some vids and read the threads, but still having an issue. When I was moving the actuator all the way to the right as I saw in the vids, I could only go as high as 4.01v. But I notice when I move it over the rod does seems to skip/jump a little bit its not smooth (not sure if it should be) so wondering if I should order the new actuator. I turned the rod end counterclockwise a turn or turn and half. It did seem to make it better for a couple drives but its back to going limp every time after you give it heavy boost.

Ran it a bit and measured it again after sitting a while earlier and measured the same. Not sure If Im missing something or just need a new wastegate. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like Im the only one with this issue lol, no response on facebook either. Well ended up ordering a new wastegate from Hyundai off amazon and that did the trick. Back to normal so far.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry man, just wandered in here today... Yeah If it go's limp and it's at 4.0 you probably needed that replacement. Dealer wanted me to replace mine, I think it was like 600?? I did the voltage adjustment myself and it's still holding up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.